Wednesday, May 14, 2014

To Die For Meatloaf


I am all about simple these days and frankly, I'm not sure why I wasn't in this groove more when there were more people in my house.  It would have helped! Anyway, I like to cook but I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen so throw together recipes are really my thing.  Why have I used two 70s phrases in the last three sentences?  Anyway, here is another great one that you usually have the ingredients for and you can just mix all in one bowl (except the eggs), throw it in the oven and forget about it!  Here is the recipe for To Die for Meatloaf.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.

Grab a big bowl and throw your 2 lbs of ground beef into it.  On top of that dump in the box of stuffing mix for chicken, 1 cup of water, 2 eggs that you have beaten in a separate bowl and 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce. You can use any flavor barbecue sauce that you like.

Mix it all together but try not to blend too much.  The more you work the meat, the tougher it will be.

Shape into a loaf and place in a 9" X 13" baking dish.

Top with the remaining barbecue sauce.


Bake for 1 hour or until done.

No joke, this is a tender flavorful meatloaf recipe that is filling and inexpensive.

Let me know what you think or if you have any similar recipes.  I would love to hear your thoughts!

To Die for Meatloaf
2 lb. Lean Ground Beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 C Water
2 Eggs, beaten
1/2 C Barbecue Sauce - divided

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place meat, stuffing mix, water, eggs and 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce in a large bowl.  Mix just until blended.  Shape into loaf in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.  Top with the remaining barbecue sauce.  Bake 1 hour or until done.  Serves 8.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...