Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Peace



I have always loved Easter and each year the week leading up to this glorious day is one that for me is filled with daily reminders of peace and love for my Savior.  Not that I don't have these feelings all through the year but Easter and Christmas provide an opportunity to really focus on the Savior because all of Christianity is preparing for these events.  Not always in the same way but for basically the same reasons and I like to focus on what I believe is so important about this time of year.  

Similar to Christmas, I commit to trying to keep the Easter feeling around throughout the year.  I am ever mindful of the great blessing it is to have a knowledge of Jesus Christ, His birth, His death and His resurrection because I know that everyone has not had the opportunity.  

I read a quote by Ezra Taft Benson that describes perfectly the reason why this day is of such great important to all believers of Christ.


"The greatest events of history are those that affect the greatest number of people for the longest periods.  By this standard, no event could be more important to individuals or nations than the resurrection of the Master.

The literal resurrection of every soul who has lived and died on earth is a certainty, and surely one should make careful preparation for this event.  A glorious resurrection should be the goal of every man and woman, for resurrection will be a reality."    Ezra Taft Benson

So continue to prepare, live your life with love and show appreciation for all the blessings that you have been given.  Life is a gift and one day each life will be renewed through Christ.

Happy Easter everyone!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...