Sunday, January 13, 2013

When A Baby Leaves The Nest

So one of the hardest things about being a mother and a grandmother is saying goodbye. You dread the time weeks before it even happens, you torture yourself with thoughts of how horrible you are going to feel and then when the time comes, the hardest emotion to deal with lands right on top of you - worry!  Yes, loneliness for this person but more worry than anything else.

Elizabeth left for a semester long trip to Europe with the business school of Susquehanna University this past week. She has been looking forward to this trip for over a year. Planning, preparing and saving to get to this point. I am so proud of her and all she has done to make this trip a reality. But still, I'm worried about her.

I realize that she will be back in four months and that she is going to have the time of her life. But when you can't talk to them or see them every day, your heart hurts. The knowledge that she is so far away makes it even harder. I'm just a little concerned!

Well, I have decided that I am going to take the very advice that I gave to a friend today. I am going to bury myself in loving and doing for those around me to try and help the time go by faster.  I certainly have plenty to do - taking care of everyone still here, work, work, Church work and house work.

The sooner I master this task, the sooner she will be back and I can worry about something else. It's my job!

I love you, Elizabeth






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...