Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy Old/New Year!

2012 will be over in about 2 1/2 hours and as with every New Years Eve, I am feeling bitter sweet. I love that I have made it through another year and things are looking pretty good.  Every year and every day is a blessing.

For 2012, there have been many joys and a sorrow or two but I know that I have so very much to be grateful for. My youngest brother Andrew passed away the August prior to the new year starting so this was a sorrowful time for me and all in my family.  Andrew was a wonderful young man and he had such a love for all around him.  Christmas was a hard time as we all experienced it in our own way but we are all surely closer because of the experience and appreciate each other so much more.

The new year started off with a Happy New Year in Central Pennsylvania with Alex, his fiance Leanna and our girls Jennifer and Elizabeth. Alex and Leanna had set a date for their wedding in May and we were busily planning the details for a trip out west for their wedding and reception and then back to Pennsylvania for a ring ceremony and another reception for friends and family here.

It was also a joyous time for our family as we were awaiting the arrival of Benjamin Matthew Meng, Matthew and Melissa's first son. He was born February 21, 2012 and it was truly one of the hi-lights of my life! What a joyous occasion for all of our family but for me, my heart melted and I was in love with him from the first moment I saw him. He is a beautiful combination of Matthew and Melissa in physical features as well as temperament.








These pictures are just the first few of our little Benjamin Bunny!  Of course, I have a few more.






In May, we traveled out west to celebrate the wedding of Alex and Leanna.  It was a beautiful day and it was a wonderful celebration for them and our whole family.




Alex and Leanna are now living in Omaha, Nebraska and their little one (a boy) is expected March 2, 2013. We are so excited about another addition to our family and I can't wait to meet him.  Yes, it is a boy!





So as we prepare for the new year to roll in in an hour and 15 minutes, I am hopeful for another year full of joy, learning, loving and family.  Happy New Year!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...