Monday, November 3, 2014

Fun and Inexpensive Christmas Decorations - Why Didn't I Think of That?


I am really loving lanterns this year for decorating.  I guess I should get some!

Here comes my favorite time of the year!  I know, it's pretty much everybody's favorite ar but for me, there are certain feelings you experience around Christmas that you just don't feel any other season.  We are supposed to try and feel charitable, giving and go outside ourselves all throughout the year but there is just something about Christmas that cannot really be replicated at any other time of the year.

Now this will sound odd but I don't necessarily like the decorating part of Christmas.  My girls will attest to this as I have been dependent on them the last few years to help, who am I kidding, DO all the decorating in our house for Christmas.  But in my defense, that's because as I have said before, I'm not the most creative person you will ever meet.  I do have good taste, if I do say so myself, but I just don't naturally come up with creative ideas for decorating for the holidays.

In preparation for the holidays coming up, I have spent some time looking for cute things that I think even I can do and I have come across some great options that you can create with things you already have around your house or are very inexpensive.  Everything from decorating a tree, wrapping gifts, decorating your front porch and all around holiday primping.  Take a look at what I found!

Source links are below each photo.


This would be so easy to do and wouldn't cost a thing.  You can use frames that are already in use and then remove your Christmas photos after the holidays.

Adorable Free Christmas Fonts and links to downloads at the36thavenue.com So festive and cute!
The 36th Avenue

If you need to do any sort of invitation, program or greeting card, this infographic is for you!  I love all of these fonts.

Holiday-Decor-Washi-Tape-Tree-Wall

This is a great way to use Washi tape to put a tree up on the wall with a basket for gifts underneath.  So very creative!

Cheery Christmas Centerpiece
Better Homes and Gardens

I love how the bow on top makes the box of glass ornaments look like a present rather than just a square glass vase.


You have tried this one already, right?


I have been doing this for years and I am so glad to see that it is a popular thing to do.  When I first started putting ornaments in containers I wondered if it looked junky.  Now it is the cool thing to do!

Citrus Pomander

This smells oh so wonderful when you have it displayed in your home.  The scent of the orange and cinnamon together is delicious!

Advent calendar from bulletin board and envelopes

What a great idea!


This is a very rustic and yet simple way to cover the base of your tree.  I would keep it away from my fireplace though!
                                                                                                                                               
Source

A wonderful and personalized way to tag gifts.


So simple to do and yet so elegant.


Uh oh!  Another beautiful lantern stuffed with holiday decor.  Love!

A Grand Entry
Better Homes and Gardens

Here is a cute way to display your miniature tree and Christmas treats on a small table by the front door to greet people as they enter the house.


I wouldn't mind doing dishes at this sink during the holidays!

Old-fashioned Christmas porch decorating by Daphne
Front Port Ideas and More

Another warm and inviting entry that is very simple.  As long as you can find a rustic and worn looking old fashioned sleigh!

Ornaments decoraring a banister

If you have little kids this is a great idea but try to use the plastic bulbs instead of the glass ones to avoid any injuries to your little ones.

Holiday Decorating Tips from Biltmore, America's Largest Home | ExploreAshevlle.com
Asheville

Great infographic showing you how to decorate a tree.  I wish I would have had this 31 years ago when I had my first tree!


Country Living

Jingle bells on your front or back door.  On your back door if you use the front door too often and don't want them to be distracting over the holidays!

So give one or two of these a try and let me know what you think and if you have other ideas, please share them here.  I can't wait to get started!

Happy Christmas Decorating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...