Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Leaves are Turning Too Quickly - Slow Down!


This picture is for my kids - Matthew, Melissa, Alex, Leanna, Jennifer and Elizabeth (even though she lives right here).  Here is the burning bush in our front yard that has just started to turn.  In about 3 weeks it is going to be the most beautiful bright red and then one day I will walk outside and it will look like it is dead.  Happens every year and I love it!

It's only been 7 days and look at the colors that have just started to pop here in Pennsylvania. It never ceases to amaze me how gorgeous every single inch of this place can look in the fall.  

This is in my yard and it is so bright and vibrant.  I love it!





It doesn't look like much yet, but I promise, it is going to be glorious very soon.


This is the Bucknell University golf course where my son used to play golf AND all the kids sled during the winter.  Great hills for sledding and cross country skiing!


My drive home every day.  So relaxing.  The yellows are really going to pop here very soon.


My neighborhood.  One day I will leave this place and it will truly be sad for me.  I have loved living here and every time I drive down this street, I feel such comfort.

Of all the views that I look forward to each year though, this is the one that I watch ever so closely. I drive past it every day at least twice and as I am driving by, I slow down and glance at it and just try to soak it all in.  It is amazing that I haven't had a car accident on this little stretch of road for as long as I have lived here.

I apologize for the graininess of this picture but my iPhone is struggling lately.  Check out the beautiful changes that are slowly rolling through the trees.  Gorgeous!


Here is the house, kids.  The trees are all starting to turn that beautiful burgundy color.  The house misses you as do I and I hope that you are all enjoying the beautiful fall colors wherever you are today!

Love from me!

I wish I had a good camera because the old iPhone just doesn't do it justice.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...