Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday to my BEAUTIFUL Elizabeth!



From the beginning she was beautiful.  Big blue eyes, cute perky little nose, perfect lips and gorgeous red hair. To be honest, I was excited to have a red head because I thought she would be a lively, energetic girl that would keep me hopping and she did.  But there are some misconceptions about red heads - loud, feisty, argumentative, some might even say obnoxious (well, she might be a little bit feisty!).  But my Elizabeth is really none of these things.  She has her opinions for sure but she is a kind and sweet girl that I love with all my heart.  Here are a few things you should know about her: 


In the beginning she was very girly and loved to wear dresses like her big sister but that quickly wore off.


She didn't know it on this day when we were in NYC but she would one day study abroad in Europe and love it so much that she would want to live abroad.  DON'T GO, ELIZABETH!

                  

Having red or auburn hair does not mean you are always lit up like a firecracker. Here you see the joy and wonderment of her brother's graduation from college.  In her defense that auditorium was very hot and she was attending the same university so it probably wasn't all that exciting for her.


She looks a little happier here.


She is a lover of ALL animals.  

Doesn't matter where she sees one, she wants to bring it home.

Yes, even while traveling abroad.


I believe she would trade me in for a dog if given the chance.


She is the biggest fan of the British band McFly.  Yes, her last week in London she saw them in concert and I think she was in heaven that night.  


I know her friends would say she is a fun and crazy girl but I think of her like this tree - calm, steady and lovely!
                                                  

You can have fun with her anywhere.


You just can't take a bad picture of this girl.
                              

Here is the crazy part of Elizabeth.
                    

Who wouldn't want her hair?


So happy birthday, my sweet girl!  I hope this year will bring you all the joy and happiness you deserve (and the job of your dreams!).  I'm proud of all you have done with your life so far and I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to follow you along the way.  I love you more than you will ever know and I am thankful every day to Heavenly Father that you are my daughter.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...