Friday, June 13, 2014

9-Patch Quilt Top Continued - YAY!


Last week I posted a tutorial detailing how to make 9-patch quilt blocks out of Fat Quarters.  Today I found some scrap material that I thought would work as a border and backing for this quilt top.  

I apologize for lighting in some of these pictures.  Night-time sewing is fun but the lighting is horrible.  Sorry!

I also found a piece of batting for the fill so I pulled that out of my stash as well.


Here is a close up of the material.  I just love polka dots, don't you?


For the strips that connect the blocks, I used 2 1/2" strips and sewed them together and then cut 2 1/2" strips for the top and bottom and sewing them on as you can see above.

For the backing I just cut it so that there was a 2 inch edge all the way around and then folded it over once placing the fold at one inch.


And then folding it a second time at the 1 inch marking to create the binding.


And after sewing the edges, that was it.  So simple and now I have a lightweight and cute blanket for a brand new little baby girl that just happens to be on her way to my family in the next week or so?  You can also either tie the quilt of machine quilt as this is a small quilt and will fit through most sewing machines.  She will love it!  It was the easiest quilt to pull together and I can't wait to see her wrapped in it.

Happy Sewing!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...