Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring Is Almost Here



Okay, so I'm not really sure that spring is almost here but I do always try to stay positive so I am here to tell you today that spring is almost here!

For being the shortest month of the year, February can seem awfully long and here in Pennsylvania we have had one of the coldest, snowiest (is that a word?), cloudiest, gloomiest February's that I can remember.  It is the 24th and it feels like it is the 34th.

But as much as I dread these few months of cold and gloom, I love that right around the corner is spring and the hope of the earth coming to life again, the sun shining for longer periods of time, the celebration of Easter and the ability to turn the furnace off!  Each week I am reminded of this as I talk to my grandsons on FaceTime and we sing songs. One of the songs that they booth seem to love is Popcorn Popping On the Apricot Tree.  Great words, fun hand motions and a snappy tune, this song gives you a positive and happy song to sing while you wait for those first buds to bloom.  It's coming!


Popcorn Popping On The Apricot Tree

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring had brought me such a nice surprise,
Blossoms popping right before my eyes.

I could take an armful and make a treat,
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so,
But it seemed to be
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

Words & Music by Georgia W. Bello 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...