Monday, February 25, 2013

Still Waiting - But Still Living

No baby yet!  Rats.  Baby Grant isn't due for another week but the waiting is in full swing.  Isn't it amazing how a baby can alter your life - even though you don't live close by?  Whether I am at work, at home, Church, the store or anywhere else I am thinking about the wonderful thing that is about to happen to Leanna and Alex.  They are going to be great parents and I can't wait to see them with their sweet little baby boy.  Watching your children with their children is a joy for a parent I never even imagined before.  



While we wait to hear the news of the baby, life goes on.  Ben turned 1 year old on Thursday and he is growing healthy, strong and smart!  We had a great video chat with Matthew, Melissa and Ben on his birthday where we sang Happy Birthday, Happy Happy Birthday and then whistled the very same songs to him since he really likes whistling!  Who knew that was a fun thing for anyone to listen to but he seems to think it is appealing.  He is walking, gooing and cooing and making funny faces that truly keep us all smiling.  Love that little boy!




Jennifer is in full swing with her senior projects at school and preparing for graduation in 3 months!  She is thriving in her program at Susquehanna University and becoming such a lovely young woman.  After she graduates she will be heading out west to begin working and I am so excited for her.  I am worried about her too but she knows what she needs to do and what she should be doing so I have no doubt she will go in the best direction for her.  I am so proud of her.



Elizabeth is in Prague at the time of this writing and will be soon heading to Austria, Switzerland and Italy before going back to London.  She is having a great time while traveling abroad with the Susquehanna University Business School.  We try to Skype or FaceTime with her each week to keep in touch as well as many emails and texts and it has been so fun to hear of her adventures and all the things she is learning.  I miss her terribly but she is not only having great educational opportunities but also the chance to be an example of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in action while she is studying abroad.  That is a GREAT thing!  I am so proud of her too.

So life goes on.  Our children grow, our grandchildren are born and thrive and we live for every sweet moment to share with them.  I don't ever want to waste a moment waiting for something good to happen in my life or for some new phase or event to happen in my life because I want to just live - good things are happening every day!  Every moment is so precious and every moment deserves our full attention.  So live your life, love the people you are with and be thankful for each blessed moment you are given.  I know I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...