Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Who Doesn't Love Tater Tot Casserole?


Easy, schmeezy.  That's what I say about this recipe and I know that there are several different versions of this out there but I think mine is the best because it is the easiest!  I got this one from my mother-in-law who is one of the greatest cooks of all time, in my book, and I have used it so many times.  I have added an additional ingredient (the Sour Cream) and additional cheese (because I love it so).  Of course it's topped with potatoes so it is delicious and who wouldn't love that?  I don't know!

 
It's so simple, here is all you have to do:



 You will need a 9 X 13 baking dish for this recipe.


Pour your small bag of vegetables on the bottom - uncooked.  I prefer Corn but you can use Peas, Carrots, Green Beans or mixed vegetables. Whatever you use, just dump the frozen contents into the bottom of the dish and level it out.



In a medium frying pan, brown the Hamburger, drain off the fat and set aside.


In a medium bowl add the can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (if you don't have Mushroom, you can use Cream of Chicken Soup).


Then add 3/4 cups of Sour Cream and mix.  This is going to make the bottom part of your casserole so creamy!  If it is a little too thick you can add 2-3 tablespoons of Milk to thin out the sauce a little bit.



Pour the Hamburger mixture into the soup and Sour Cream mixture.   


Mix thoroughly.


Dump the Sour Cream, soup and Hamburger mixture over the Corn, or the vegetable combo you have added and spread over the entire bottom of the dish.


Here I have added additional Cheese because for me, it's all about the Potatoes AND the Cheese!  Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Cheese on top of the Hamburger mixture.



Dump a whole bag of Tater Tots on top of the Hamburger mixture to cover the entire dish.


Look at all those yummy layers!


Top with the rest of the grated Cheese, or as much as you want.  I love Cheese so my dish is loaded!


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes or until bubbly and light brown around the edges.


Oh my!  This stuff is so good and it is a great dish to throw together for your own family or for someone elses if you need to get something together quickly.


Look at the cracks and crevices.  Look at the golden brown potatoes and cheese.
 

Look at how great this looks in a bowl.  Yum! I'm telling you that this is a simple and hearty dish that will feed many people and the best part is, it only takes a few minutes to throw together.  Along with a salad and some bread, this is a meal that really satisfies.

Thanks, Glea!

Tater Tot Casserole
1 Small Bag of Frozen Vegetables
1 Pound Hamburger, browned and drained
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup (or Cream of Chicken)
3/4 Cups Sour Cream
1 Medium Package of Tater Tots
1 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese, grated ( or more if you love cheese!)

Bake in a 350 oven for 35 - 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...