Monday, January 5, 2015

I Choose To Be Positive!

I have noticed that things are very negative in the world right now and since Christmas has just passed and the joyful feeling always seems to pass all too quickly, I have been thinking about how to combat such negativity.  Everywhere you turn there is something being reported in the news or talked about in public that can bring you down, can cause depression or feelings of doubt and unhappiness.  I don't want to feel that way - do you?

Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.

 OnePerfectDayBlog.net

I write in a personal journal as much as I can and I try to speak my heart in these pages because I want my children and grandchildren to know who I truly am.  I want to use these journals to remind them about all the good in life because there is so much to be joyful about.  Most of my writings are very positive because I have always wanted to be a happy person but I do have down days and I do write some things that may not be as uplifting as I would want them to be but that is life - that is MY life sometimes and I know that they will learn from my thoughts and feelings.  I am not presenting my true self if I am only writing the good and the positive although, I wish I could!

For this reason I want to make more of an effort to point out things that are good in every day living.  This will make me be more thoughtful about what goes on each day and help me to recognize those tender mercies that may some days seem far from me.  I want to know these things when they occur in my life.  For this reason I have decided to make a slight change in my journal writing to help me focus on the good.  My goal is to write about or mention at least one unexpected positive thing that has happened during that time period that I am writing about.  If I am watching for these moments I will be more mindful of the blessings I am receiving every day whether they are apparent or not.

Some examples of good things or blessings that have come my way in the last week that were expected are:
  1. I was able to talk to all of my children and grand children this week during our Christmas celebrations.   Priceless!
  2. Spending time with one of my beautiful daughters and just enjoying her company.  Also priceless.
  3. Receiving all the beautiful Christmas cards from family and friends.

Some examples of beautiful things that have happened this week that I was not expecting:
  1. Pulling up to the pump at the gas station and finding out that it was only going to cost $36.00 to fill up my car rather than the normal $50.00 because the price of gas has gone down significantly.  This one almost made me cry - seriously! 
  2. Getting a text from an old friend saying she missed me and that she was thinking about me.  My heart still skips a beat when I hear from an old friend.
  3. Learning some additional skills that will help me take better pictures - something I have always been interested in but not very good at.  I have a long way to go but it feels so good to understand better how to use light in photography, for example.
Another thing that I think will help to keep positive thoughts always in the front of my mind is to watch for and make notation of positive and encouraging thoughts that I am confronted with each day.  I have listed below just a few that I have found.  Some are spiritual and some are just uplifting.  Take a look because they might inspire you too!

Put Your Positive Pants On!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same. 
Carlos Castenada
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep looking up . . . . that's the secret of life.
Snoopy
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
Dr. Seuss
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.
Mark Twain
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life is like a camera.  You focus on what's important to capture the good times, develop from the negative and if things don't work out, take another shot.
Author Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sun beams and you will always look lovely.
Roald Dahl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am FABULOUS!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spread love everywhere you go.  Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.
Mother Teresa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Start each day with a grateful heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Folks are usually about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Abraham Lincoln 

There are so many good things in life to focus on but sometimes it can be hard.  Find ways to keep positivity in your life.  Share it with others and if you come up with some creative and new ways to do it, please let me know.  I would love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...