Monday, April 21, 2014

Words of Wisdom - From Aunt Ina



A few weeks ago my cousins were cleaning out the home of their dear sweet mother, Ina, and came across a handwritten note tucked away in a book.  (This is not the actual note.)  It has brought to my mind once again the reminder to slow down and recognize the good things in life and think about what I am doing at all times.  This can be hard to do now-a-days when everything happens instantaneously!

Ina had written down thoughts and rules of life taught to her by her mother (the one and only Eva Jane Jones Moore!) and she obviously felt they were important enough that she should write them down and put them in a safe place.  I'm sure that when her daughters found this little note they could picture Ina and the kind and loving woman she was.  She did not gossip.  She was always kind to everyone and she did share everything she had.

The simple things in life seem to be overlooked with the "immediate world" we now live in and sometimes it seems like there is very little of civility and goodness around us.  Perhaps it is because we aren't taking the time to talk about and share these principles of life with each other.  Push a button and something you need appears, fill out a form on line and a package arrives at your door and you can Google anything and have information you never dreamed possible automatically available at your fingertips.  This is a wonderful thing and I for one love that I can make things happen almost immediately sometimes.  But what happened to slowing down, taking things slow and learning along your journey in life?

I am happy for this gentle reminder to be mindful of who I am, where I came from and the kind of person I should be.  I love you, Aunt Ina!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...