Friday, March 7, 2014

Freezer Meals - Shredded Tacos

Yum!  This one is so easy to make because it only has two ingredients.  That's right, I said two ingredients. Were my brain cells not working when I was a young mom with four kids because I certainly should have been able to come up with this one then, but I didn't.  I guess it doesn't really matter but since I now have a little bit more time on my hands, I have been able to come up with a few things.

I love freezer meals and get really excited when I see that my freezer has a nice little stack of these delicious meals just waiting to be pulled out and thrown into the crockpot. Yay!  So here we go.  Let's throw another few dinners in the freezer.


Pull out two 1 gallon freezer bags and write the date you are freezing these meals on the bag, the name of the dish (Shredded Tacos) and the directions for thawing and cooking on the front of each bag.

SPLIT THESE INGREDIENTS BETWEEN TWO BAGS!
2 Large Jars of Salsa (Whatever FIRE level you like!)
4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts


In each bag pour 1 jar of salsa.


Then lay the 2 chicken breasts on top of the salsa.  Press out all the air and seal up.  Squish the salsa and chicken around to coat everything well and then lay flat in the freezer. YOUR DONE!  See what I mean?  I can't believe how much time I would have saved if I had come up with this before.  

If you are just starting out and don't have any other freezer meals in your freezer, lay a cookie sheet in the freezer and lay your Shredded Chicken meals on the cookie sheet and leave it in there for a few hours. When the meals are solid, pull the cookie sheet out.  This will keep your meal from getting indentations in it while laying directly on your freezer shelf.

To cook, pull the package out of the freezer and defrost overnight in the refrigerator or run hot water over the bag to loosen the ingredients so that you can remove them to place into the crock pot.  Turn the crock on low for 6 - 7 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours.  When they are done, shred the chicken with two forks and either serve over rice or put into tortillas and top with your favorite toppings.  Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, refried beans, etc.

Now sit down, put your feet up and relax for the rest of the day.

Happy Shredded Taco Night!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...