Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Music - Is it Ever too Early to Start Listening?





Happy December!   It's true and I'm not ashamed to say it.  I have been listening to Christmas music since October 1st and honestly, I was good to hold out that long!  In my defense, I believe it makes me a happier person and I am probably even a more pleasant person to be around if I have been listening to Christmas music.  I don't listen to it all the time but you might be surprised to learn how often I do listen to it. 

When our kids were little we used to clean the house on Saturdays to prepare for Sunday.  One hot summer day the kids were not cooperating as much as I wanted or needed them to so I got this great idea to pop a Christmas CD into the stereo.  My thought was to put something in that was fun and lively like Harry Connick, Jr.or old fashioned like Burl Ives to get them moving.  I decided on a few select CDs and popped them in and cranked that stereo up.  I could not believe what happened.  My kids came alive!  They loved it and in fact wanted to clean more than I had actually asked them to.  What a fun day that was and that is one of those mom memories for me that I will never forget.  I felt like a cool-creative mom, of which I am not and I know it.  But that's okay because that day, I was cool!

So crank up the Christmas tunes and enjoy the season.  But remember, come April or May, don't be afraid to tune back in to some of your favorite Christmas music - espeically if you want your kids to help you with the house work!

What's your favorite Christmas song?

1 comment :

  1. I love listening to Christmas music too. I started a day or two before Thanksgiving. I don't think I have a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...