Sunday, February 10, 2013

Run and Not Be Weary - I Love My Life!



I must admit that when I hear the word run, I immediately begin to feel the strain in my legs, cramps in my side and pain in my chest.  I think about how when I run I have to gasp for breath with every step I take.  I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed exercise and each time I have started, I have quickly stopped for one reason or another.  I feel good when I am doing it and I know that I am healthier when I exercise but I just can't seem to get into a routine that lasts for longer than a few weeks.

Up to this point in my life I haven't had any trouble keeping up with my family and all the things that are going on with each person and I have considered this my exercise.  Driving to school, getting the kids to practices, games, lessons, plays, musicals, parent teacher conferences and the myriad of Church activities, as well as working have kept my days full.  Now that they are all grown, I have found other things to fill my days and keep me running.

One thing that has been on my mind lately has been not only being healthy to enjoy my children as they graduate from college, get married and start families of their own but spending time with my grand babies.  I am beyond excited about Leanna and Alex's baby that will be arriving in the next few weeks and I couldn't love Ben more.  My heart is overflowing with love for these two little boys and I am really looking forward to the years ahead of getting to know them and watching them grow.

Baby Ben - who is walking now!  In a few weeks I will have pictures of Baby 
Grant.  Yippeee!

I have always thought that as I grew older that my life would slow down and that I would have spare hours that I would have to try and fill. But I don't have many spare moments at this point in my life and I couldn't be more happy about that. My life is full and I appreciate each moment I am given to live and love in this life.

In order to assure that I will be around for a long time I will most likely need to change my thoughts and feelings on exercise as well as nutrition.   I have already begun the process by enrolling in a wellness program at work which has opened my eyes to the things I need to pay more attention to.  I am pretty healthy and don't need to make major changes but I know that good nutrition will help me be a healthy - young grandma.  Wink, wink! And if I learn how to work a little exercise into my life so that I can be around to enjoy my family for a little bit longer, then I am sure that I can learn to love it! Wink, wink, wink!

Yes, this means that I am squeezing one more thing into my very busy life but that is the way I like it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...